01. Name of Organization
Save the Children
02. a) Year in Establishment
b) Year in Starting in Meherpur
a) Establishment year: 1919, Started in Bangladesh: 1972
b) Starting year in Meherpur: 2007
03. a) Name of CEO & Designation
Mark Taylor Pierce
Country Director, Bangladesh Country Office
03. b) Contact Person & Designation (Within the Meherpur Distract)
Md. Farooque Hossain
Senior Manager-Meherpur Project Office
Save the Children
04. a) Address of Head Office
House # CWN (A) 35, Road # 43, Gulshan-2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
04. b) Address of Meherpur Office
College Road, Mallikpara, Meherpur-7100
05. Telephone/Land Phone
09. Registration no with Reg. Authority
Reg # 2630, 20.03.2011
NGO Affairs Bureau
Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission is to inspire breakthrough in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Goal of the Program in Meherpur:
‘‘Children in Meherpur learn and develop to their full potential’’
13. Ongoing Program in Meherpur District
· Integrated Child Development Program:
1. Early Childhood Care and Stimulation Program:
– Early stimulation messages and counseling support to mothers at community clinics, training to the government service providers etc.
2. Early Childhood Care & Development Program:
– School / Community-based pre-primary education, capacity building provision for community teachers, volunteers, SMCs, KG school teachers and parents, Emergent Literacy and Math (ELM) parenting education for parents, Child reception for Grade-1 children, Graduation ceremony etc.
3. Basic Education Program:
– Teacher training, Literacy Boost, SMC capacity building, Creating Child Friendly School environment, Reading Buddy and Mentoring etc.
– ICT in Education: -Teachers’ training to employ ICTs in developing subject based content, improving teaching and learning by developing interactive audio/visual software based on national textbooks in the subject of English, created transparent and efficient data management system on students, teachers and schools through a web-based e-Primary system, Strengthening school performance monitoring through a web-based e-Monitoring system school monitoring etc.
4. School Health and Nutrition Program:
– School-based health & nutrition services (deworming, iron supplementation, primary vision screening by teachers, First-Aid management by teachers etc.),
– Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene/WASH: construct new toilet, repair damaged existing toilets, arsenic testing and marking of tube-well/water-sources, installing deep-tube-well, classroom-based health education sessions conducted by teachers at schools, Install Water Treatment Plants in villages where water-sources contaminated with Arsenic
5. Adolescent Development Program:
– Community based peer education, Adolescent Center, Promotion of Menstruation Hygiene Management (MHM) at Secondary School, income skills development, facilitation of adolescent/youth-friendly health services, awareness raising against early marriage etc.
6. Child Protection Program:
– Positive discipline in schools, creating safer school environment, child protection at community and local government- Birth registration, awareness raising against early marriage etc.
7. Policy Rights and Governance Program:
– Child Rights situation monitoring by NCTF Members, Capacity building and knowledge management, dialogues/public hearing sessions, Advocacy and networking with stakeholders, Documentation of best practices.
8. Community Mobilization:
– Capacity building of communities / community core groups,
14. Source of Fund
1. Sponsorship Private Fund,
15. Regular Staff
Total staff: 68 Male: 49 Female:18
16. Working Area in Meherpur District & Upazila
All Union of three upazila in Meherpur District. Direct implementation by Save the Children in Meherpur Sadar upazila and other two upazilas are implemented by PSKS, (Partner organization)
@ Meherpur NGO Samity