|01. Name of Organization||Save the Children|
|02. a) Year in Establishment
b) Year in Starting in Meherpur
|a) Establishment year: 1919, Started in Bangladesh: 1972
b) Starting year in Meherpur: 2007
|03. a) Name of CEO & Designation||Mark Taylor Pierce
Country Director, Bangladesh Country Office
|03. b) Contact Person & Designation (Within the Meherpur Distract)||Md. Farooque Hossain
Senior Manager-Meherpur Project Office
Save the Children
|04. a) Address of Head Office||House # CWN (A) 35, Road # 43, Gulshan-2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh|
|04. b) Address of Meherpur Office||College Road, Mallikpara, Meherpur-7100|
|05. Telephone/Land Phone||0791-63123, 63124|
|09. Registration no with Reg. Authority||Reg # 2630, 20.03.2011
NGO Affairs Bureau
|Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.|
|11. Mission||Our mission is to inspire breakthrough in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.|
|12. Objective||Goal of the Program in Meherpur:
‘‘Children in Meherpur learn and develop to their full potential’’
|13. Ongoing Program in Meherpur District||· Integrated Child Development Program:
1. Early Childhood Care and Stimulation Program:
– Early stimulation messages and counseling support to mothers at community clinics, training to the government service providers etc.
2. Early Childhood Care & Development Program:
– School / Community-based pre-primary education , capacity building provision for community teachers, volunteers, SMCs, KG school teachers and parents, Emergent Literacy and Math (ELM) parenting education for parents , Child reception for Grade-1 children , Graduation ceremony etc.
3. Basic Education Program:
– Teacher training, Literacy Boost, SMC capacity building, Creating Child Friendly School environment, Reading Buddy and Mentoring etc.
– ICT in Education:-Teachers’ training to employ ICTs in developing subject based content, Improving teaching and learning by developing interactive audio/visual software based on national textbooks in the subject of English, Created transparent and efficient data management system on students, teachers and schools through a web based e-Primary system, Strengthening school performance monitoring through a web based e-Monitoring system school monitoring etc.
4. School Health and Nutrition Program:
– School-based health & nutrition services (deworming, iron supplementation, primary vision screening by teachers, First-Aid management by teachers etc.),
– Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene/WASH: construct new toilet, repair damaged existing toilets, arsenic testing and marking of tube-well/water-sources, installing deep-tube-well, classroom-based health education sessions conducted by teachers at schools, Install Water Treatment Plants in villages where water-sources contaminated with Arsenic
5. Adolescent Development Program:
– Community based peer education, Adolescent Center, Promotion of Menstruation Hygiene Management (MHM) at Secondary School, income skills development, facilitation of adolescent/youth-friendly health services, awareness raising against early marriage etc.
6. Child Protection Program:
– Positive discipline in schools , Creating safer school environment , child protection at community and local government- Birth registration, awareness raising against early marriage etc.
7. Policy Rights and Governance Program:
– Child Rights situation monitoring by NCTF Members, Capacity building and knowledge management, dialogues/public hearing sessions, Advocacy and networking with stakeholders, Documentation of best practices.
8. Community Mobilization:
– Capacity building of communities / community core groups,
|14. Source of Fund||1. Sponsorship Private Fund,
|15. Regular Staff||Total staff: 68 Male : 49 Female:18|
|16. Working Area in Meherpur District & Upazila||All Union of three upazila in Meherpur District. Direct implementation by Save the Children in Meherpur Sadar upazila and other two upazilas are implemented by PSKS, (Partner organization)|